The great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness no one rejects dislikes avoids pleasure itself because it is pleasure but because know who do not those how to pursue pleasures rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful desires to obtain.Read More
Mathieu F. RWIYEREKA is a Rwandan Financial Services adviser and Entrepreneur in Financial Technologies, Business, Assurance and Investment advisory from March 2013. He recently served as the Chief Executive Officer of RSwitch Ltd and continue to lead Trustees & Advisors as the founder and CEO since January 2016.
Rwiyereka was born in Nord Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He studied at the National University of Rwanda as an undergraduate and obtained his MSc in Financial Engineering from the WorldQuant University in 2020.
He also pursued and is actively committed with various professional qualification programs including the Nasdaq Academy, ACCA, CIMA and CFA.
Leading Financial and Telecom Technologies - RSwitch Ltd & BSC Ltd, 2017–2023
In April 2019, Rwiyereka was appointed Chief Financial Officer of RSwitch Ltd and subsequently the currently acting Chief Executive Officer from January 2020.
He led technical renovations of financial technology solutions from strong partnerships, ventured into Mobile Banking Interoperability by enabling the completion and launch of the Rwanda National Digital Payment System "eKash" in May 2022 to interoperate the Rwanda's financial services sector with an instant, inclusive and affordable payment system.
Rwiyereka led the institution whose financial standing has been restored from the operational and multiple investment turmoils in 2018, but whose credibility has since been renewing and remade. He also led the financing of RSwitch and restructurings which culminated in a newly inclusive Governance structure. A new Board of Director was appointed in November 2022.
From 2017, Mathieu worked with the Broadband Systems Corporation providing financial advisory, strengthening internal controls and minimizing the risk profile from all its financial, corporate governance, business strategy, connectivity and technical aspects.
His work converged towards instilling efficiency, economy and effectiveness of internet provision and telecommunication projects through continuous advisory to the Management and the Board of Directors.
Audit of Private and Public Finances - Office of the Auditor General of State Finances, 2013–2017
Rwiyereka served as the Principal Auditor in the Office of the Auditor General of State Finances of Rwanda (SAI Rwanda) from March 2013 to September 2017.
He led teams of financial, information technology, special and value for money auditors in various public and not for profit organizations. He is credited of invaluable public accountability and financial management advisory legacy which contributed to the Rwanda's efficiency and public sector economic effectiveness.
Prior and after joining OAG, Rwiyereka practiced audit and assurance professions with Deloitte and Touche (formerly represented by GPO Partners) as a Financial Audits Consultant in 2011 and as Internal Audits Manager in Broadband Systems Corporation from 2017 to 2019.
Financial and Investments Advisory – Trustees and Advisors & Southbridge Group, 2016-2023
Founded in January 2016, Rwiyereka ventured in Trustees Ltd in response to the increased need of professional services as a response to the booming starting, SMEs and growing sectors in the middle of digitization, globalization and formalization. Trustees Ltd continues to serve Governments, Parastatals, Projects (NGO’s) and Private operators in Rwanda, Kenya, Djibouti, DR Congo and Uganda with taxation, business planning, financial management, audits and investment advisory services.
In September 2020, Rwiyereka served as an Investments and Financial Analyst in SouthBridge Group providing worldwide investment banking services for Africa. He is also engaged by deVere Group as a Financial Advisory Consultant for the Sub Saharan African region.
Early 2013, Rwiyereka also briefly served as a Financial Consultant in the Rwanda Social Security Board and a Customer Accounts Consultant in the Bank of Kigali.
In November 2022, Rwiyereka was appointed Principal Chairman of the Board of The Global Africa Leadership Council which is an international organization that promotes innovation, leadership, and cooperation in Africa and beyond.
Other roles include:
- Founding Member, of the Rwanda Business Angels. A group working to nurture, support, and fund technology-enabled ventures out of Rwanda (since 2022)
- Board Member, Treasurer, Nziza NGO. To enhance and enrich the historical, tourist and cultural heritage of Rwanda, the African continent, through events, media and literary, audiovisual, photographic, educational and artistic creations. (since 2021)
In 2019, Rwiyereka facilitated the establishment and is a continuous Board Member of Histoires et Images which is a non-profit organization acting for the creation and promotion of the Rwandan culture and history. 2 historical books and photography publications about Rwanda has been published.
Rwiyereka worked in audits and assurance, the telecommunication, investment banking as well as the Fintech sectors for over a decade. In January 2020 he was appointed Acting Chief Executive Officer of RSwitch Ltd in Rwanda. Rwiyereka founded and led Trustees Ltd, a financial and investments advisory firm since January 2016 and is credited with helping to raise finances for technology and banking organizations in the emerging Rwandan and East African economy.
On 25 October 2021, RSwitch under the leadership of Mathieu Rwiyereka awarded the best e- payment service provider in Rwanda for 2021.
He was awarded best performer of the year 2016 by Mr Biraro Obadiah the AG for his hard work in promoting public accountability through excellent delivery of Financial, IT, Compliance and Quality Assurance advisory to Government, NGOs, and Parastatal Organizations on behalf of the Office of the Auditor General of State Finances.
- "Mathieu Rwiyereka - Fintech Finance" (https://ffnews.com/people/mathieu-rwiyereka/). ffnews.com. Retrieved 2023-01-10.
- "RSwitch Executive Management" (https://rswitch.co.rw/executif-management/).
- "RSwitch signs partnership with EFT to empower financial access in Rwanda" (https://ibsintellig ence.com/ibsi-news/rswitch-signs-partnership-with-eft-to-empower-financial-access-in-rwanda/). IBS Intelligence. Retrieved 2023-01-10.
- "FEATURED: Airtel Money, MoMo services integrate as eKash is launched" (https://www.newtim es.co.rw/article/196196/Events/featured-airtel-money-momo-services-integrate-as-ekash-is-laun ched). The New Times. 2022-05-27. Retrieved 2023-01-10.
- Nzabonimpa, Patrick (2022-10-11). "RSwitch appoints new board, increases financial services capacity" (https://www.newtimes.co.rw/article/1686/news/featured/rswitch-appoints-new-board-i ncreases-financial-services-capacity). The New Times. Retrieved 2023-01-10.
- "Trustees Ltd on LinkedIn: Who we are - Trustees Ltd" (https://www.linkedin.com/posts/trustees- ltd_who-we-are-trustees-ltd-activity-6763397861402001408-2gPC). www.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2023-01-10.
- WebAdmin (2021-10-25). "RSwitch awarded the best e-payment service provider in Rwanda for 2021" (https://internationalfinance.com/rswitch-awarded-the-best-e-payment-service-provider-in- rwanda-for-2021/). International Finance. Retrieved 2023-01-10.
Our power of choice is untrammelled and when nothing prevents being able to do what we like best every pleasure.
Year of 2020
Certain circumstances seds owing to the claims duty righteous indignation and so beguiled.